Wednesday, August 8, 2012

" Konkani Crab Curry ( Kurle Ambat )"



" Konkani Crab Curry ( Kurle Ambat )"
  By Chef Prashant Adsule.

Crabs are my all time favourite. Whenever I have a trip planned to Pune, I ask my Mom to keep the crab curry ready - that is my sole demand on each of my visit.  Here is my mom's recipe for Kurle Ambat.

Ingredients:

Medium size crabs - 6, if they r too big cut it into half
One half of full big coconut - grated
Green chillies - 6, slit
Red chilli powder - 2-3 tbsps
Tamarind - a small ball
Ginger - 2" piece, finely chopped
Turmeric powder - a pinch
For seasoning:
Oil - 2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - 5-6
or
Onion - 1 medium sized, chopped

Method:

1. Grind coconut with tamarind and red chilli powder in to smooth paste. Keep aside.
2. Wash the crabs 4 to 5 times. Remove the yellow stuffs from its shell while washing.
3. Cook crabs adding little water with chopped onions, chopped ginger, slit green chillies and salt.
4. Add the masala paste and simmer. Don't add too much water to avoid becoming too much watery.
5. Then season with mustard seeds and curry leaves or season it with chopped onion. 
6. Serve Hot.

1 comment:

“Bengali Thali [Bhau Khuda Pulao, Macher Jhol, Doi Phool Gobi, Loochi & Rasmalai] by Chef 👨‍🍳Prashant-Adsule ❤️❤️ ❤️”  #chefprasha...